Bro Moore's farm and refinement




Sister Cobb, Sister Rowell, Sister Starr, and I went to Brother Moore's farm today and helped he and Connie sweep up the barn. Sister Rowell and I also got to ride in the front of the tractor to help get more hay. It felt so good to be around horses and in open space. I was brought back to my cowgirl jeans and American flag boots. The weather was cool and breezy. I never knew cleaning out a barn would be so therapeutic as a missionary. I've had the thought a few times that Sister Rowell and I are going 

to combine the J3 and J2 wards for a transfer. I would actually love that! I love being busy doing the work of the Lord and I love Sister Rowell. :)

After sweeping out the barn and helping with the hay Sister Starr asked Brother Moore if we could help with anything else. He said yes and we followed him into his wood shop. He then told us to pick a cup of our choosing. He had a few shelves full of the nice Yeti cups. I chose a lavender one. He then put it in his laser machine which cut an image of the Salt Lake City temple and our personal names. I went in planning to clean a barn and left rehabilitated and with a personal Yeti cup. We are going back to help 


with some more of the barn on Friday.

Sister Cobb and I taught the Book of Mormon class at the Scott's house tonight. Ammon and his wife came. As well as Dylan (Alexis husband) and the J2 sisters. We read some scriptures and all shared testimonies on faith and the Refiners Fire. I also made mini printouts of my "life is like a rose bush poem" to give to everyone. The Spirit was very strong and testified that this is what these people needed. Ammon is actually an excommunicated member of the church who is hoping to be re-baptized in November. He had a lot of questions and I was able to share an experience with him that Ben had on his mission which really helped in answering his question. That is just one example of how my friends and family at home help and support me as a missionary right now. I am constantly able to better relate to others because of the experiences of those I love. Neat how that works. We know everyone that we do because Heavenly Father needs us to. Sister Starr later told me that this Book of Mormon study was precisely what she needed. She has been struggling with finding happiness. I was able to share my change of perspective when I finally learned that the refiner of our fire is in fact our Savior. And as we are refined our divine character becomes better defined. The Refiner's fire is real and I am grateful to be a part of it. It is difficult and well, 

excruciatingly refining, but I am still grateful for those fiery trials which come upon me.

How cool! I checked my email and Ben just sent a quote along the same topic which I have been learning so much about today: faith and refinement.


I read this quote by Elder Uchtdorf and thought of you. :)


"Discipleship is a journey. We need the refining lessons of the journey to craft our character and purify our hearts. By patiently walking in the path of discipleship, we demonstrate to ourselves the measure of our faith and our willingness to accept Gods will rather than ours."


Have a blessed day! :)

Until tomorrow,

 Your Biggest Fan

Comments