The Long Drive Home

Finally got back to Jacksonville after being in Raleigh since Monday. It was a hoot and three quarters for sure! I feel as though we have done a ton of traveling this week from Jacksonville to Raleigh to Knightsdale to Raleigh to Apex to Raleigh to Jacksonville. It is so nice to be "home" again. At Sister's Conference Sister Holland invited all of the Sisters to take some extra time go through their wardrobe and apartment to make sure it is temple worthy. So we got back to our apartment late afternoon after driving through traffic for hours and went to work putting our home in order. I want to always remember that there is a difference in the strength of the Spirit in my home when it is in order. Now of course as a mom I will have some days that the house is in chaos, but I want to try my best to atleast make it organized chaos...:)
This morning we had a rehearsal with the Wilmington and Kinston zones for our Joy in Christ devotional happening next Sunday. I get the opportunity to sing "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" with a group of sisters. It is incredible what strong spirit can be brought when a group of 40 missionaries combine their voices in the singing of sacred music. Sister Claudia Goodman is the music director and I know that we will be forever friends.
Today I am grateful to be sleeping in an actual bed! :) I am also grateful to have a cleanly home and inspiring companion. I know that Sister Cobb and I will remain wonderful friends for eternity.

The Long Drive Home. Cruise Control Set

Comments