God Knows His Children



Sister Cobb and I went to Brother Moore's farm again this morning with Sister Starr and Sister Rowell. We helped Connie clean out one of the storage stalls. It was inspiring to see her reaction when we found two boxes filled with pictures, filled with family history. I was inspired to have a well kept history. Connie was only seeing pictures and she was smiling from ear to ear as she took a walk down memory lane. She began introducing us to everyone in the photographs. I hope my children are able to find joy in our family books. I know I find it when I look through the ones my mom has put together.

Today Sister Cobb and I were planning to go serve at Finders Keepers thrift store. As I was doing personal study prior I began to feel very anxious. We are on bikes this week which meant we had a long bike ride ahead of us, but I love biking, especially when it is on flat roads like Jacksonville. I continued with personal study, Sister Cobb and I carried our bikes down the stairs, we began our bike ride, and I was trying to fuel the anxiety into energy for the bike ride. Nothing was changing though. As we came to a stoplight the Spirit seemed to guide my bike to a sidewalk out of our path and without thinking said, "Sister, I do not feel comfortable at all riding on this highway." Sister Cobb later told me, "Yeah, I was feeling really anxious too." We turned around and went back to our apartment to do companion study. This experience demonstrated to me how well Heavenly Father knows my companion and I. He knows that if I had at first correlated my anxiety with the bike ride I would have kept going because I would have just thought, "Kimball, you're being silly. You are just a little anxious because of your bad experience riding on highways in Pinehurst. You will be fine." He also knew that Sister Cobb would follow my lead, she even mentioned that after. So instead of giving me the chance to talk myself out of it He simply answered my prayer that I offer each morning. And that is that I may accomplish His will. So in answer to that prayer He simply guided my bike and my companion off of the potentially dangerous path and put the words in my mouth to keep my companion and I from continuing our course. I have not a clue what would have happened had we continued on that bike ride, but I do have a clue that heaven is protecting my companion and I as well as all of my loved ones.

Last thought: I want to know atleast 5 languages in my lifetime: English, ASL, Spanish German, Mandarin Chinese. Actually I want to know so many more! Portuguse, French, Russian, Japanese, all of the above.

My mom sent sister Cobb and I new Dresses



Comments