I did it!!!!!!

No the ambulance in the back is not for us!

Yesterday I ran in and finished the Saint George Half Marathon! It was a great run for me (better than the Enterprise 10K) and although my knee was sore and I was exhausted the last few miles, I would definitely do it again. I may have to think twice about a marathon though! We'll see come October. The course is now an official qualifying course for the Boston half marathon, so it was chip timed (very interesting). There were over 1700 runners. I kept wondering why the heck we were wearing numbers, they didn't even use them. It was great seeing my family and friends at the finish line! And thanks SuLynn for sticking with me through all of our runs! My Husband was in charge of the pictures so I didn't get many...love you Garrett! I don't know how many I want you to see anyway (You just can't make a fat body look skinny!) Don't go into long distance running for the weight loss, I have gained weight since we started training. More carbs and more muscle to get you through, but you can't beat the feeling at the end!!! I forgot to look at my time at the finish, but I didn't really care. I accomplished all of my goals for this race. I had a great experience, enjoyable run, I wasn't last, and I finished!!!

Comments

I'm so proud of you Amber! Way to do something for yourself! Sometimes us mommies lose ourselves in the hustle and bustle of everything that comes along with being a mommy & wife! You look great!
Brenda said…
You're so awesome! I am so proud of you! You inspire me to go walking (at least)! Fist I need to get over this miserable cold I've had for about a week now! Let us know when you run again and we will be there to cheer you on!
Christin said…
Way to go Amber. You're a star.

Christin
That is amazing Amber!! I love the arms up crossing the finish line!! Great picture! Congratulations!
Christina said…
You did it! Good Job. I am so glad it was a better experience this time!! You're my hero!
laura said…
Congratulations on finishing the race. I have heard that the feeling is amazing. Now running in short sleeves in Jan. that is making me jealous of our cold cold weather :)