"Don't worry I have sisters"

We are officially moved from 100 Parrot Landing, Hubert, NC to 203 Valencia Dr. Apt 168 Jacksonville, NC. We were up and packing by 6:30 a.m. Then the J3 elders and Elder Winzenz arrived with the trailer and began hauling everything out. I never expected to help move other people as well as have to move myself so often as a missionary. It is exhausting! I have realized that I always want to be a very simple person; in things, in words, in expectations.

Elder Winzenz (senior missionary over all things missionary apartment) took us out to Mission BBQ. Yum! I definitely will introduce my family to it when I get home. Elder Winzenz told me to get chopped brisket with cajun fries and IT WAS GOOD! Also, may i just say how awkward elders can be sometimes. One tries to keep a casual conversation with them and they are so focused on not flirting that they say one word answers and seem depressed all the time. Well, not all the elders, but some. Yikes! Why can't we be friends?! (hmmm I feel a song coming on) Anyways! Sister Cobb and I then made it our goal to make Elder Boudesque laugh because we couldn't recall a time that he laughed.

Elder Winzenz also made us one of his famous pies: key lime. It is divine! I must say though that my favorite of his still stands to be chocolate cheesecake. I am a sucker for chocolate and a sucker for cheesecake.

We then returned to our former apartment in Hubert to let Elder Winzenz in for some last lightbulbs needing to be replaced. It took forever though because it ended up he got the wrong lightbulbs. So while he ran back to the store Sister Cobb took a nap because she was pooped and I continued highlighting the names of missionaries in the Book of Mormon. I am beginning to realized how many people are missionaries in the Book of Mormon. (Sidenote: the first Book of Mormon episode came out yesterday, so cool!!!! Technology's purpose is to share the gospel) I truly am beginning to see that being a good missionary means being a good person. Our way of living can be a testimony of Christ all on it's own. Often though there are those who are called upon to share their testimony in more ways than that. I am currently around Alma 57.

We then returned to our new apartment to unpack and then met Sister Heagy at smoothie king. They were going to have us over for dinner tonight, but her kids all came down with the flu so she bought us a smoothie instead. And by golly was I craving a banana peanut butter smoothie! We slurped up some fine smoothies and dug into Elder Winzenz's key lime pie. What a scrumptious dinner.

Oh! Funniest moment of the day! Elder Turner and Boudesque still had to grab a lot of their stuff from their old apartment (a.k.a. the apartment we just moved into). Usually it is completely against mission rules for Elders and Sisters to know the location of one another 's apartments, that was a bit unavoidable though. It is also NOT OKAY for Elders and Sisters to be in one another's apartments...we also had the exception today due to moving. Now, with that foreword, the elders had us unlock the apartment so they could grab the rest of their stuff. We asked them to bring some of the hangers that had been sent to their new apartment (we moved all of the stuff from our old apartment to their new so we would only have to move one apt). Anyways! So they brought a box of hangers for us and the first thing Elder Boudesque does when he walks in the door is dump out the box of hangers and say, "Here's the extra hangers and you also left one of your bra's in our stuff.....don't worry I have sisters". I had to keep from bursting out in laughter. Let me rephrase that I DID NOT keep from bursting into laughter. I was raised in a family that is very open about that stuff so it was just hilarious. Sister Cobb on the other hand was quite embarrassed, grabbed the bra, and chucked it into our room! :) Gotta love those mission moments!

Oh! Mission accomplished- we got Elder Boudesque to laugh. We can't remember what we talked about, but we do know God cares about all the small things we care about.



Comments