Bookmarks

I forgot to mention that during my personal study yesterday morning I was pouring my heart out that John and Linda would accept this gospel. After finishing one of the longest prayers of my life i sat in the chair at my desk and had the simple thought to make them a bookmark for the Book of Mormon we would be giving each of them. As I made Linda's the scripture "press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brighntess of hope, and a love of God and of all men" stood out to me so I wrote that on the back of hers. Linda is paralyzed on the entire left side of her body. She has some pretty incredible physical limitations yet she doesn't let that affect her happiness. She is such a kind, happy person. 
Then as I began making John's bookmark 1 Nephi 10:19 came to mind, "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost". As we were having the lesson John said that he felt as he continually was seeking to recieve an answer that one day he would KNOW that God was real. I then immediately whipped out the bookmark, explained the inspirational process of choosing this scripture, and read it to him. "That is basically what I just said". You could tell he was blown away. I hope he is able to begin seeing all of the signs surrounding him. Personal I love you's from Heavenly Father.

Comments