Make It To P-Day

I definitely needed some therapy today so Sister Cobb and I parked in the church gym and I danced my heart out. May I say 2 things: #1 I miss dancing! #2 Dancing whips me hard!

I sent a voice recording to my mom this morning to vent a bit about my emotions. Immediately upon saying her name my eyes just welled up with tears and I could barely talk! I am absolutely attached to my family.

To say the least, I am so grateful for each of them. Today I got to talk with Kody. He shared with me a little bit about his experience getting his patriarchal blessing. Gracie Lou is getting her patriarchal blessing soon too!!!

Goals after talking with family: my mom commanded me to have fun! My dad said that my goal needs to be to love the people. I'm already doing that, but focusing on it will make it even better. And I will feel the fulfillment of accomplishing my goal.

It was wonderful talking with Ben. Before talking with him my mom mentioned that it might be better to have the wedding on October 31st, 2021. Then Ben mentioned it too so I guess that is the day for now. I began a fast with a lot of questions in mind concerning Ben. I don't necessarily know how to describe them. It is incredible to me that I feel so whole when talking with my family and Ben. It really is such a sacrifice for me to be away from them for a year and a half. 3 years away from Ben!!!

We had a wonderful dinner with the Elledge family. They have a little girl named Lucy May. I love getting to know people and allowing them to get to know me a bit. It builds trust. We thanked them for having us over and told them how excited we were. They told us they have been so excited too. "It's a special dinner for us." I had never thought about it that way. As a missionary we are used to going over to a lot of different people's homes for dinner or lessons. For the ones having us though it is something special. It means a lot to them.

We sent referrals (people in their area who want to be taught) to the J3 Elders and sent spiritual thoughts to a few members and Alexis.

At 9 we made banana muffins to bring for a Sister snack at the Temple Open House. We had to continually be fanning the smoke alarm while they were in the oven because the alarm is extremely sensitive. We did not want it going off at 9:30 at night!

I am grateful for P-days. Some weeks I have to keep telling myself, "Just make it to P-day. Make it to P-day."

Comments