Happy Birthday Florene & Lizzy's Name

I have a Savior who loves me. How incredible.

Today Florene celebrated her birthday. She is the oldest of 10 and each of her siblings came to the care center to celebrate with her. My marvelous mother went to wish her happy birthday which enabled me to do so as well. Ben found out that they were celebrating today and made sure I knew. Oh, how I love fabulous Florene. And oh how I brilliant Ben. And oh how I love my precious parents. In this moment I don't understand why I am so blessed with people who care so much. I am beyond grateful for it and I praise my God for having blessed me so. Truly all that I have, each and every precious gift comes from Him.

A funny moment of today came from Miss Florene Sherrat. That silly goose! Immediately after saying hello to me and that she loved me she said, "Oh! and your fiance has been visiting and reading scriptures with me". Oh boy! Literally that boy. Ben said that the sweet care center relief society and Florene's siblings are planning on hearing about a wedding. Oh, how I love my old folk friends.

We went and helped Lizzy at her home today. She is a dear sweet woman whom Sister Farnsworth and Sister Smith helped after Hurricane Florence with the beginnings of her home. Now we are helping her with the last details of her home. Sister Farnsworth felt inspired to go see her again when she was on exchanges and I can say that first night at Lizzy's home felt like spiritual rehab. She doesn't love the idea of organized religion and doesn't plan to ever be a member as far as I know, yet her home is filled with the Spirit. It felt like being in a righteous member's home. To say the least, it was wonderful to go back again tonight to help her.

As we assisted her with organizing string, moving kayaks, and putting wheels on furniture she shared with us that thursday morning she had prayed to Heavenly Father for help. And who knocked on her door that evening, but Sister Farnsworth and I. She absolutely recognizes it as an answer to her prayers.

When Sister Farnsworth and I had come to see her she shared her excruciating 3 month experience with a flesh eating bacteria. In the time between having the sisters in her life she had been humbled as she lay on her death bed at the hospital after emergency surgery. This woman's bloodwork and condition should have taken her life, yet she was sitting in her hospital bed drawing hummingbirds and more for the nurses. She is a woman of grit, of serenity, of creativity, of unity with God. This woman truly inspires me and from that first night I felt a kindred connection to her.

Upon concluding our evening with her tonight we began driving home. As I was driving my mind was brought to the names of my future children. 2 of which the Spirit has revealed to me. One is the name Tommy, short for Thomas. I had thought on this name for a long time and it was confirmed that this is the name of one of my future children during a special experience with Florene. The other name is Lizzy, short for Elizabeth. My mind stopped on this name as I thought about how I loved the name Lizzy and how I loved the sweet Lizzy whom I am having the opportunity to know. The Spirit then said, "This is the woman whom your daughter Elizabeth will be named after. She will be an inspiration to you for many years to come." Tears were brought to my eyes as I felt of the strong relationship I will gain now with Lizzy as well as the relationship I am already gaining with my dear daughter Elizabeth.

In that moment I pleaded with Heavenly Father that He would keep me in Jacksonville for a long time if it is His will. I want to gain an eternal friendship with Lizzy. I want to help her find exaltation. I want to help her understand the incredible worth of temple blessings. She wants them. Truly she does. Now I need to help her realize that through the power of the Holy Ghost. :) "If you understood the ordinances of the House of the Lord, you would crawl on your hands and feet for thousands of miles in order to receive them!" -President Spencer W. Kimball

Comments