Shootpoot and Makayla Lou

Today is my 7 month mark on the mission, woohoo! I definitely have seen myself becoming adjusted to missionary life and the time is beginning to go by quicker. I have about 10 and a half months left because I'll be going home right before DSU's fall 2020 semester begins (August 17th ish). We made some banana muffins to celebrate. Banana muffins, YUM!

Today we helped Miss Kate with now unpacking her house. We also had great gospel discussions with her and Amanda. It is so fun to spend time with Amanda. She is a person who I would absolutely be best of friends with! We were laughing up a storm today. Every time after I spend time with her I have a southern accent for a few minutes. Her hilarious exclamatory word that she uses is "shootpoot". What in the world! I love her! We ate some yummy pizza again, read in Moroni 7 about charity, and I gave each of them a mini version of "Life is Like a Rose Bush". I wrote a note on the back of Amanda's and she said in her sweet southern accent, "I am going to cherish this forever." I feel that Amanda is one of the people I specifically am here for. We are able to have open natural conversations about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-

day Saints and I feel that eventually she will see the uniqueness of the message and desire to be a part of it. Along the way I am gaining a best friend of her and Miss Kate.

We packed up most of the house today for our move tomorrow morning. The J2 Sisters kindly came to help. We filled am entire large box with Tupperware! I'm kind of nervous to be moving into the Elder's apartment. They say they keep it clean, but I don't know what their definition of clean is. I pray that I may be grateful to even have an apartment at all!

Today we also went to visit Mikayla Lou Anderson. She and her husband were married in January and he is currently deployed so she is quite lonely. We ended up talking about charity, God supporting us in our trials, and how the thorns of life lead to radiant roses. #LifeIsLikeARoseBush. She then opened up to us about an incredibly hard trial she is having to go through with her husband away. Tears almost immediately spilled out of her eyes. I immediately began praying because the subject she was struggling with is something that I could not personally relate to yet. The Spirit then reminded me though that my mother could. In that moment I felt extremely connected to my mom; specifically the pain she had felt during her experience with similar trials. My heart began to ache for Makayla and the Spirit inspired me to say things that I otherwise would not have been able to say without being a set apart missionary, called of God, as well as being able to have empathy with this woman because of the 

spiritual connection I was able to have with my mother.

(sidenote: Makayla is now due with twins in August 2020:)

I forget sometimes that as a set apart missionary I am given priesthood authority to promise blessings to others when moved upon by the Spirit. I can only imagine the incredible power that will again be endowed to me when I am called to be a mother. 

Comments