Patience for sure!

We traveled home from Raleigh today with Sister Starr and Sister Rowell. I'm going to quickly write down some random thoughts. Sister Smith came up to me randomly during the temple open house yesterday and said, "I think you're going to train". I feel like I am either going to train or be combining the J2 and J3 wards with Sister Rowell. Only God knows though! The unexpected is always what seems to happen.
Today Sister Cobb and I dived into member work. We finished weekly planning extremely quickly as all of our people are out of the state/country for military, have been dropped, or are about to be. To say the least the work right now has been teaching me patience. Patience with myself, patience with the Lord, patience with my companion, patience with the world. I was praying with all I had left to Heavenly Father asking what He wanted us to do. I was at a loss. In response I had the quietest thought to simply open area book, then to go to my calendar, then to add in a contact for two former investigators to send a spiritual message. From there the Spirit continued to guide me one step at a time. By the end Sister Cobb had gone through a major chunk of the ward roster to set up lessons and get to better know members. While I was in the midst of coordinating the time, place, and inputing into our area book. The Lord had to bring us down to our knees so He could show us His way of growing seeds. It is done one-by-one and filled with laughter and fun.
I am grateful for a Father in Heaven who is oh so patient with me. 

Comments