Temple Open House Miracles

Heavenly Father prepared me to be a part of some incredible experiences today. I want to share some of the miracles I was able to personally be a part of with the temple open house. I was able to meet again and for the first time many people, including the Trythal family and Winkley family. Yesterday I was able to see Sister Bacon, Sister Gerrick, The lykins, and Eberlys. 
Sister Denning, Sister Petitt, Jeana Bacon, Linda McArthur



















Norman and Tony got baptized and then went the Temple open house with everyone. The Pinehurst sisters also took Linda with Sister Bacon. 






Top: Norman, Amanda, Tony, Theo (baby), Sister Petitt, Sister Denning
Bottom: Jason, Spencer, Basley, Addiley (addi), Ethan


I was able to go through the temple open house with Kate  (my Kate) from Pinehurst. She is the one who made my pooh bear bag and painted my "Strength" and "Be Still and Know that I am God" painting with me. She is planning on coming to Ben and I's wedding next October. Oh, how I love her. I want her to be one of my friends forever! Upon seeing her I ran up and we gave one another a big, tight, mama bear hug. She whispered, "I missed you so much".
I was able to walk through with she and Vickie (her friend who is a member and first introduced her to the sister missionaries in Pinehurst years ago). The Spirit was able to guide me in teaching Kate about the veil and what it symbolized. I feel a very special bond with Kate. As we walked around the temple grounds with arms around one another she told me, "Sister Wastlund, I missed you very much. You are a special one." She reminded me again and again that I needed to write her each P-day. She considers me her daughter.  I pray that maybe one day she will be moved to draw close to her Savior. In the meantime though she still is and always will be one of my dear friends. I so admire that she is proud to be best friends with so many sister missionaries.


Another 2 miracles was the opportunity to take two sweet deaf women through the temple at different times. The Spirit helped me recall signs I haven't used in over half a year and most of all blessed me with peace as I stood at the front of rooms interpreting what tour guides were saying into ASL. Most importantly though was the one on one time I was able to have with these women. I hope that above all they each felt the love of the Savior.
The Spirit was able to teach me how to speak to the 99 and the 1 all at the same time as Sister Cobb and I stood in front of literally hundreds of people at a time and talked with them about the temple. One of the sweet sisters came up after watching our tour and said, "Sister Wastlund, you were so personable, even though you were talking to so many people." What a testimony builder that was for me because that is not a natural gift for me. Heavenly Father allowed me to borrow the incredible gift of teaching as I spoke with nearly a thousand of His children. Later that evening one of the members of the Wilmington stake leadership came up to me and said something very kind, "Sister Wastlund you truly did an incredible job and thank you for treating your companion with so much love." 
How grateful I am to be a part of the Marvelous Miracles of our Merciful Father.

Comments