Trust the Path

Sister Wilson, office senior missionary, called today saying my visa card with $200 arrived at the mission office. Luckily since I am in Raleigh I could just hop on over. If we are still in Raliegh on P-day we are going to get pedicures with Sister Bell and Sister Clark. It has been rough calling Sister Clark "Sister Clark". Madison slips out atleast once a day.
When we arrived at the mission office it was a pleasant suprise to see Sister Goodman in the parking lot. She is in charge of the Joy in Christ music devotionals as well as all things music in the mission field. She walked up to us and gave Sister Cobb and I a hug. She then proceeded to say, "Sister Wastlund, I was thinking about you all night and now that I happened to see you it must mean I should talk to you. I just feel so bad that we haven't used you for more! You have such a gift and you're so willing to use it and I don't even know if it bothers you at all, but even still I wanted to share an experience with you." She then went on to share when she was trying to use one of her gifts and each opportunity was shut down.  After one such opportunity being taken from her again she recalled, "I went and drove for 30 minutes alone, cause you can do that when you're not a full time missionary. ;) And I just cried expressing my frustration to Heavenly Father. Then when I was still the Spirit told me that I had other talents the Lord needed me to develop. I later recognized that I had gained more talents that I had no idea I had because the opportunities to use my others were taken away for a time." The Spirit then confirmed to me that I am on a journey of discovering those talents which have not yet been made known to me and will be on that journey throughout my life. Trust the path which Christ has paved for you.
This experience reminded me that Heavenly Father is aware of our personal needs and desires of our hearts. He will answer in often very unique ways. Keep your eyes open!

Comments