Evacuation/Elder Forrest

Today we were evacuated to be with the Sisters in Raleigh 4 because of hurricane Dorian. Guess who those sisters are? Sister Lindie Bell (my MTC companion, with which I had dreamed of being with when Ben got home! Turns out our dream came true) and Sister Madison Clark (from St. George, UT. I have gone to school with her since 1st grade!). Sister Cobb and I are extremely tired. It has definitely been a long day. We haven't recieved a ton of direction so we are continuing missionary work in the Raleigh 4 area. Supporting the sisters with everything. We think we are going to do all of their temple open house follow-ups with members while they work more with their people. Seems like the best way to go about it! We made a cute bookmark for their 12 year old friend of the Church with a quote from Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Your Happily Ever After".
"Be strong and of good courage. You are truly royal spirit daughters of Almighty God. You are princesses, destined to become queens."
I am grateful to be safe from the hurricane and oh so grateful that Heavenly Father is teaching me what my missionary work needs to be. I love my Savior very much. If I didn't I would not be serving in the North Carolina, Raleigh mission for 18 months.
I am so very grateful for my family and other loved ones at home. It was such a joy to hear their thoughts and experiences. My sweet brother kody recieved his patriarchal blessing this week and I was beyond overjoyed to hear that. This week during my first district council in Jacksonville the Spirit spoke clearly to me about my little brother Kody. Elder Forrest, who was in my district at the MTC is in my district again. Elder Forrest has always reminded me so much of Kody! How he talks, acts, and looks---Kody! It was an interesting experience to not have seen him since the MTC. I noticed a profound difference in his confidence and power as he was talking about the people he was teaching. The Spirit then allowed me to see Kody as a missionary. The confidence and genuine love he would have as he worked with God's children. The Spirit then told me, "Your brother is going to be a powerful missionary". I was overwhelmed with emotion. I love my little siblings. They take up a major part of my heart.
I am grateful for Christlike earthly parents who seek the very best for their children; who love them with every fiber of their being; who laugh and cry for and with them. Truly their family is evidence of those who comfort those who stand in need of comfort. I hope to one day raise a family like that of my own.

Comments