My Dream

Last night I had a dream. I remembered it when I woke up this morning and as with most dreams I brushed it to the side. But the Spirit nudged me, "No. Think on it." So I began to recount my dream in my head and recognized that Heavenly Father was trying to answer my prayers through it.
I hear all the time from my parents, my grandparents, my mission president, my friends, my companions that this is where I'm supposed to be; that I am supposed to be on my mission right now. And I used to know that and believe that, but I had recognized as of late that I didn't believe that anymore when people told me. I decided to turn to my Father in Heaven whom I believe loves me and I prayed. "Father, wilt thou again show me that this IS the path thou desirest for me to be on? Please remind me that I am where I am supposed to be; that thou desirest me to be here above all places."
And then He answered in the form of a dream; a form of revelation which I do not often feel is used for me, but I have been studying.
In this dream, what I recall, is that I was driving with Ben and talking with him.  I don't remember situation, but for some reason we were with each other before july-august of 2020. Which is when I am planned to return from my mission. I knew somehow that Ben and I were with one another before that time.
 We were talking as we were on our way to a dinner with a Spanish speaking mission president and wife (which I assume is from Ben's mission) and some members and friends of the church we had met on our mission. I recall the thoughts I was having. I was still very much in love with Ben, yet it didn't feel right. As we began dishing up our plates for dinner I began getting frustrated with myself. I felt like I had every reason to be so overjoyed, yet it did not feel right at all to be there. I felt uncomfortable and uneasy. I was so confused. I was with so many people whom I loved. Why was I not at peace? As I pondered on this scene the Spirit then told me,  "Don't you see? The time is not right." Then my thoughts were brought to the shortest line in my patriarchal blessing: Be patient.
How grateful I am that Heavenly Father was willing to answer my prayer in this form. To experience those feelings so tangibly has caused it to sink in my heart that this is where I am to be at this time. I want to experience peace upon returning home, which means Heavenly Father needs me to return on His timing. "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know the Lord giveth no commandments unto [me], save he shall prepare a way to [me] that [I] may accomplish the thing which he commandeth [me]" 1 Nephi 3:7. I have had the words in my mind which President Holland spake unto me a little over a month ago, "Be at peace. Love others and yourself. Be happy. Your life and mission are unfolding perfectly." I can believe that my mission and life is unfolding perfectly. I pray that I may place greater trust in my all-knowing Heavenly Father.

Comments