Watercolors with Kate

Today we did watercolors with Kate. I want to reach out to and love Kate for eternity. I began a prayer journal in the past week and it has been quite the neat experience. God is lending me His eloquent words and poetic skills. Poems were not my thing until I began praparing for my mission. I am very grateful that Heavenly Father recognized my inner desire to be creating something. Dance was that something for me, but on the mission my dancing time is limited. Instead I have been able to turn to songwriting and poems. Writing my prayers is really making me think about how I speak to my Heavenly Father. It has helped me in realizing that feeling to sing the song of redeeming love is sometimes literally singing of Christ's redeeming love. 

I video called with Kaili Sudweeks (from DSu) today and it was wonderful to see her face. I am becoming more and more grateful for the growth opporunities the Lords has to offer through me being on a mission RIGHT NOW.

Benjamin goes home from his mission in Madrid, Spain this Wednesday. Holy cow that blows my mind. I haven't seen him in the flesh for 2 years!! I definitely have some inner struggle about not being home to greet him. Though I am realizing more and more that 3 years really isn't long to wait for eternity. Being apart makes the heart grow fonder. How excited i am to go home in a little over a year and hug all those people whom i love most. I  imagine I will be very touchy when I get home because I will need to tell myself that I'm not trippin, my family is ACTUALLY THERE.  I am excited to go home in a year, not less.

Comments