Some Things I Want to Remember


• We had a first lesson with Norman on July 19th, 2019. As of August 10th he has read through to 2 Nephi 31. He has been sharing incredible revelations he is having along the way. Last night he said that each time he prays to know if the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith is a prophet of God he recieves more questions. And along with that more answers. Truly the mysteries of God are being unfolded to him as he is praying and studying the Book of Mormon.


• Michelle shared a beautiful testimony in Relief Society a few weeks ago. The gospel of Jesus Christ has changed her life for so much good. She had foot surgery and we are hoping to discuss the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Temples with her.

• August 4, 2019 We asked Norman and Tony if they seen a difference in Amanda since she was baptized and recieved the holy ghost. They both immediately said yes! Tony said she is more confident and less stressed about everything. Norman said she doesn't get angry anymore. I shared her experience of noticing the difference in the Spirit in their home after her baptism. Amanda seemed to be very touched by it all. Norman is at the end of 1 Nephi, is comprehending it, and is inspired by Nephi's determination. Amanda is at the beginning of 2 Nephi. Norman has been helping Tony to understand it. 
Asked both Tony and Norman if they could see themselves getting baptized and it is definitely on both of their minds. These two people will be baptized one day! (fast forward to today! Norman is past 2 Nephi! What in ze world)

• I had a really good interview with President Holland this week. He said my new name is "Sister Wastlund the Wonderful". He invited me to be completely open with him and stay in close contact with me. He reminded me that the greatest months are ahead of us.  I am so very excited for that! I have already felt some incredible love for people and I can't imagine that it will become even greater. Yes our lives, my life, will be filled with sorrow. But oh, what joy, what light comes after the storm and sorrow. We joked that we need to find a way for everyone to be required to work on a ranch for a summer. "To you fabulous generous sisters. Thank you so much for the unexpected and delicious pizza delivery! The fact is as I wrapped up interviews and was hitting the point of famishing, it was just the ticket to revive me in every way. This may or may not qualify you for direct entrance into the Celestial kingdom (heart, prayer hands, heart, prayer hands)". I've got to love my mission president. 

• Today Sister Denning, Madelyn Hanks, and I sang in sacrament meeting (per request of Bro Kucinski). It was "I Need Thee Every Hour". We have a lot of spanish speakers in our ward so we sang the second verse in spanish and did the third in english and spanish. I could see quite a few of the spanish speakers tearing up. After the meeting Brother Way came up to me and said, "Sister Wastlund, do you know Sissel? She sang with the tabernalce choir for the pioneer day concert." I immediately fan-girled because I LOVE Sissel! He then said, "I like your voice better! It's got a lot more depth." And Sister Hanks (music extraordinare) told me that she genuinely thinks and wants me to go pro. How grateful I am for the gift of music. It has lifted my heart time and time again as well as so many others. I think the Lord has been telling me over and over throughout my mission that He needs me to continue to develop this gift. My mind has been so closed off to the idea of pursuing it, but I honestly could not think of a career that would make me smile more. I LOVE using music to strengthen the hearts of God's children.

• We spent 5 hours at Linda's yesterday helping her cook. She wanted to feed us Sunday dinner really bad, but it exhausts her so we helped her. Which was perfect anyways because we love spending time with Linda and we needed more service hours. Linda is having her interview for her patriarchal blessing today, how exciting! It is incredible to see her light growing brighter and brighter. She is anxious to recieve her patriarchal blessing so that she may better understand her purpose. She should have died years ago, yet God has kept her here and how grateful I personally am for that. Linda blesses the lives of others every day. When you ask Linda what miracles she has seen in her life she replies, "me". Sister Januzik (the family history magician) is working on Linda's family history right now and there are so many people who are going to recieve their temple blessings because Linda chose to be baptized, wow. Linda has made it a goal to be baptized for her mother in the temple. It truly will be a miracle, but she wants to so badly. I am going to begin praying for her health to be well enough to make the journey. Linda also shared her testimony with Norman last night. We read from 2 Nephi 31 and watched the Rome, Italy temple tour video. Linda straight out asked Norman if he was going to be baptized. And then shared a very powerful testimony of how much she has truly been blessed since making the decision to be baptized herself. She shared her conversion experience with him. Speaking of how 10 years ago she turned missionaries away. "Then", she continued, "These sisters came along and they were so patient with me. She and Sister Smith came and visited me when I was in the hospital, the only people who did! And a little voice told me 'You need to get baptized' so I did a complete turn around. Then these girls asked me if I would get baptized and I was ready. Those other churches didn't teach me how to get back to Heavenly Father, these girls did!" She is a woman of great spiritual strength. Her testimony is unimpeachable. Last thought, Sister Januzik found that one of Linda's family members has already been baptized. We told Linda and her face lit up. She has so many heavenly helpers rooting for her.







M.O.O.S.E. photo shoot with jammies left over from Mama Wastlund's girls camp



Sister Wastlund is a little worn out


Comments