Letter to President Holland

Weekly Letter - 29 Jul 2019

29 Jul 2019

Wastlund, Kimball

Hi President Holland,

The work is going smooth. Michelle (person being taught) has been coming to church for a few months now and she shared her testimony in Relief Society. The Spirit was very strong. I love my companion, she's great. We have lots of tears and lots of laughter together. I feel very overwhelmed at times with all that I feel is required of me. I'm trying to set one inspired goal a day that I know I can accomplish. I know that I am going through the Refiners Fire and I'm grateful for it, but sometimes I just want to have a moment longer to cool off. I feel as though I'm left to cool for the slightest moment and placed back into the fire. I also recognize that He is lovingly placing me there. I need to remember that. In my setting apart I was told that on my mission I would be stretched to my thinnest. That is the moment when I began to weep because that is an answer to my prayers. I have prayed for over a year that I could be humbled to what Heavenly Father needs me to be. I guess I simply didn't realize what an excruciating spiritual experience refinement is. I know I will be OK though. And I know I can be OK right now with the help of my Savior. "Saints can be happy in the hardest of times".

Let me know if you have any recommendations of things that have helped you during those refining moments.
Thank you for all you do!

Sister Wastlund
05 Aug 2019

President Holland


Sister Wastlund, I feel one overwhelming message to convey to you: you are doing so much better than you know! I feel a strong, spiritual impression to reassure you to your core that your efforts are celebrated in heaven. Yes you have progress and refinement to make like everyone else, but I want you to have a glimpse of what I see in you: spiritual giantness (that may be a made up word). Be at peace. Love others and yourself. Be happy. Your life and mission are unfolding perfectly. It is true. With love, President Holland
05 Aug 2019

Wastlund, Kimball

Thank you President Holland. I am brought to tears reading this and feel of that fulfillment that comes from knowing that I am on the path the Lord desires for me. Wow. How grateful I am.

I am physically doing great and Sister Denning's thyroid level is getting MUCH better! FIVE non-members came to church this week (Seven if we include part member families). We already have a list of 10 individuals and 3 families that members are inviting, wowza! I expected to be teaching referrals after the temple open house, but we already have couples that are wanting to meet and learn more BECAUSE of the open house. I love the sense of urgency!

You told me during one of my first interviews with you that sometimes your goal for someone is to love them. During exchanges at Fort Bragg this week I had the incredible opportunity to see that in action. We went to visit Rosalyn, who had not texted back to confirm any appointments because she was in one of the lows of her chronic depression. Sister Browning and Hayward had made the goal to teach her some of the commandments lesson, but we soon realized that this visit she needed to simply feel of the Savior's love. That lesson ended with her setting a baptismal date for August 23rd. The Spirit was SO strong in that living room. That is why we need to pray for the gift of charity each day. People NEED to feel of Christ's pure love for them.

Love and Prayers,
Sister Wastlund


 A bear hug from Linda


Kimball is now the designated Driver! WooHoo

Kimball is already getting referrals because of the upcoming temple open house. She can't wait!  The sisters have been told that they will be heavily involved.

Comments