Kimball's Lullaby

Breckan sent me the piano version of Kimball's Lullaby today. I absolutely loved it! She composes beautiful music. :) Today I got to meet Miss Liz and Cynthia who are both friends of the church. As well as Sister Sutherland who is our safe house. There are already hurricanes headed our way and I'm honestly so excited about it! My mom is most likely freaked out that I am in the area of North Carolina that gets hit the worst, but I'm pumped! I know we will be protected and I also know there are going to be some incredible service opportunities from this. I met the Jacksonville district today and they are all fantastic. The other sisters (J2) are really bubbly and fun. And Elder Forrest a.k.a. the missionary version of my brother Kody is in my district! He reminds me of my brother everytime I see him. Same personality and everything! I had a moment today as I thought about Kody. And I suddenly saw him on his mission and wow! He is going to be an incredible missionary. He is going to allow Heavenly Father to use him in the work of changing hearts. 
I made banana bread for the first time in a big cake pan today to bring to our investigators. It turned out great! Also, found out that we are moving to the Elder's apartment in a month. So I will be unpacking and then packing right back up. The life of a missionary, Heavenly Father is trying to help me realize how much I love it. Sister Goodman also asked me to sing in a group for the Sisters Conference on September 5th. I am very excited. One of my very favorite ways to share my testimony is through song. 
Sister Goodman is incredible! She has lost all of her children and her husband left her after years of marriage and she has chosen Christ through all of it. I hope that can one day be said of me: that I chose Christ through all of it. 
Oh! I forgot tender mercy #4...#5? Anyways! of yesterday! The Shower Cutrain in my bathroom (YEAH i HAVE MY OWN BATHROOM) has cute cactus all over it! Yay St. George! It is really nice to have a better apartment. I do fear that moving into the Elder's apartment may be a rude awakening though, yikes!
I have to mention how incredibly grateful I am that Heavenly Father has given me the gift of eloquence with words / lyrics. I am so grateful to still be creating something while one my mission. That includes lesson plans, poems, songs, I love it all!

Kimball's Lullaby

*2nd time through

you begin to cry
it's late at night
you say you want
a lullaby 
"mom , I had a dream *Father, I can't endure
of scary things *this mortal world
will you please sing *will you ensure
me back to sleep?" *that I am yours

I will sing you a lullaby *you'll remember this lullaby
as I kneel by your bedside *as you kneel by your bedside
may these sweet notes 
lull you to sleep *bring you peace
as I give you a melody *as He gives you this melody
and when I stand to leave *please believe
please believe *to this truth you can cling
there's no need to fear
for God is near


Comments