Sister Wastlund's Release - Until Tomorrow

        I remember after my release President Almquist said, "Now you can keep your badge on for as long as you need..." I responded, "No, I'm ready to move forward". I then reached for my badge, took it off, and placed it in my pocket. Even as I write this ending entry, 9 months after returning, I can feel how good and right it felt to "move forward". I had served my full-time mission and God was knew I was ready for a new chapter. I was ready for tomorrow. I knew it too. Following through with God's will for me--to leave my full-time mission to North Carolina after 8 months--was the biggest leap of faith I had to make up to that point. And from that leap of faith I received some big blessings: my eternal companion Benjamin Michael Sullivan, a greater understanding of myself, and a deeper understanding of my Savior's personal sacrifice and gift to me. I have experienced healing and been filled with love that I did not know before. 
        There is a unique plan for each of God's children; tailored perfectly to the needs of that child's soul (their body and spirit combined). He wants us to make it to tomorrow; He wants us to make it to eternity WITH Him; WITH our family; WITH our soul's changed. 
        Heavenly Father I will continue to trust in you. I will fight for tomorrow; and the day after that; and the day after that; until I reach eternity; until I reach you. And I will try my absolute to be a light for others to reach you too. Until Tomorrow my dear Heavenly Father. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 


Release: 2nd October 2019 @ 9:00 PM in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center High Council room on Brigham Road, St. George, UT. In attendance was John Garrett Wastlund(father), Amber Woodstock Wastlund(mother), Jaden Grant Wastlund(brother), Kody Mckay Wastlund(brother), Grace Lee Wastlund(sister), Taylor Rose Wastlund(sister), Hinckley Victoria Wastlund(sister), and Gill Almquist(stake president). 

I know that priesthood blessings are words from my Heavenly Father and Brother, Jesus Christ. I am grateful and blessed to have wonderful men and women in my life who are worthy to have access to God's power on the earth: the holy priesthood.

I asked my mother to voice record my release to later transcribe. What a blessing technology is. Here I am, 9 months after returning, with the opportunity to listen to my release as a full-time missionary again as I transcribe it. 

"Sister Kimball Wastlund,

        In the name of Jesus Christ, by the authority of the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood we lay our hands upon your head and offer you a full-time release from your mission where you served in the North Carolina Raleigh Mission. What a great joy for you to return. And from an appreciative First Presidency, that issues calls for those to serve in the mission field where they will do the most good for bringing sons and daughters of Him home to their maker and the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
        What a great blessing you have been to the mission. Your dear President loves you and cares for you and is sad that you are home but at the same time recognizes the great mission that you are on throughout life. For as he said, 'You have a true spirit of Christ dwelling within you'. This is true from the days that you were here and that you prepared for your mission-and will continue through the rest of your life's mission. Grateful to Father in Heaven to have given you so many talents and wonderful blessings that you can share with others. 
        Now Kimball as you go forward be sure that you continue in the pattern that you have set: to pray, to study, to take time to reflect and receive personal revelation for the future is bright for you. Many will come to know you as a savior of sorts, to them. Whether it is through counseling or simply your good example. And as you consider the future days may you always consult with the Lord and take it to the temple what you would like to do-especially your major decisions. 
        Bless you with an added measure of faith and of love for mankind. Already you have come to Earth with more of an allotment of those blessings and talents. But as they increase you will certainly find that Heavenly Father will assist you in blessing the lives of others as you have on your mission. 
        This honorable release comes because Prophets of the Lord have sent missionaries across the globe to preach His gospel and to bring to pass much goodness, and there is tremendous honor in serving the Lord, Jesus Christ-which you have done. 
        Bless you too to be of good health; that you may find the energy and strength to accomplish the things that you need to here; that you will raise a righteous family unto the Lord; that you may find that comes from diligently seeking not the proper mate, but also the structure upon which you will build your family: that of trust and love for the Lord and caring for little ones. You will be truly a Mother in Zion that all will look up to. 
        What a great time now to be alive. You chose to come to Earth at this time; you begged and fought for it. And now because you are here and have been born to a family in the gospel-- you can only be grateful, 24 hours a day, for the great blessings the Lord has given you. 
        Now may you always reflect upon your mission, and share the stories of your mission, and give people around you hope and trust that they too can fulfill this calling unto the Lord. May you too remember that all things that you have done, and are doing now, and those in the future-when your focused upon the Lord-will work for your good and the good of those around you. 
        These blessings, together with those you have already received, and those that you may yet receive-come from Heavenly Father. You but read in the scriptures the many things mentioned in Doctrine & Covenants 46. Where the blessings that are bestowed upon you, the special gifts, are many. Resort to that scripture often to make sure that you are refining the things that you've been abundantly blessed with. 
        For these things we are truly grateful-both your father, myself, your family, and Heavenly Father, and His Son Jesus Christ. May you long remember those that you touched the hearts of in North Carolina; as it will always be part of you.
        
        And this we say in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
        

Comments