In a Rut!

So I hurt my back last week after 2- 6 mile runs. Well, who knows what caused it, but I have not been able to bend over let alone run for almost a week and a half.  I have to admit I am going crazy.  Who ever would have thought that I would become addicted to running! I feel so useless and lazy because everything is painful.  Of course I am gaining weight, and am feeling depressed because I don't seem to be getting better.  I went to the chiropractor Monday, and had high hopes, but am feeling just as bad today.  I go in again Monday and may need to have a back X-ray and check for herniated discs.  I have already registered for the Utah Valley Half Marathon in June, and was hoping to run the St. George Marathon in October. I am getting behind on my training schedule, but the worst part of all is not being able to pick up my baby and play with my kids!

Comments

Cassie said…
I am so sorry about your back. That stinks! I hope you get better soon!
Oliver Family said…
Sad :(. We have such horrible backs in our family. Here's praying Monday comes quickly along with an answer to what's going on.
I hope that with both of us praying for your back to get better that it will be better faster, because when you don't run then I don't run! I just want you to know that my prayers are with you and you will get better.....we will run our races....AND we will get fabulous times! Love Ya!
Amanda said…
:( Oh no! I am glad it's feeling a little better?!? You amaze me with your running and all you do! You will be able to run all your races this year; take it easy first though and get better all the way!!! Thinking about you!