Lessons I learned in the Celestial Room

 When I first became an ordinance worker my first assignment for the first few months was in the Celestial Room. I got to sit in there and assist for 45 minutes every Tuesday morning. As I would observe there were certain lessons I learned.

- I noticed each time I served, older men would come through the door from the veil and then just stand there. I kept thinking, they look like they need to sit down. It didn’t click until I watched this a few times that these men were waiting for their sweetheart. They would stand until she entered the room and then take her by the hand and go together to sit.  I think this is very symbolic of our sealing covenant and our life after this mortal life.

-I could see and feel the turmoil, joy, sorrow, and fear radiating from so many patrons. I would sit and utter a silent prayer for each person that came in and was obviously going through something hard. Missionaries particularly seemed to struggle. I don’t think we realize how many people we have praying for us.

-I loved being there alone, but when the room is filled with people I see glimpses of heaven. It is like Deja vu. 
-when people enter this beautiful room you would think that they would notice the beauty, but no one notices the beautiful chandelier, they look first for the ones they love. Then together notice the beauty all around them. What will make it a celestial place is the family around us. 




Comments