Love this memory of Kimball's

Celebrating Day of the Dead / Ancestor Day

Vickie Church Woodstock. I miss this woman. I consider her one of my best friends. I want to share a few memories I have of her. 

    I remember staying up late listening to her storytelling, sleeping in hair rollers. I remember when she put hidden blonde highlights in my hair because I really wanted them but my dad said no hehe. 

    I remember begging her to get me the yummy canned potato soup instead of what she had a coupon for, playing wild rummy with her, learning songs from her on car rides.

    I remember growing our hair out together and being a mess when she had to cut it during chemo. I remember painting a birdhouse with her in the hospital as part of her therapy. That birdhouse still hangs in my home. I remember realizing that I might lose my Grandma for a time and writing her a song so she knew how much I loved her. 

But mostly, I remember feeling like the most special person in the world when I was with her. Some people just have that gift; they are able to make you feel like you are the most important person in the world when you're with them. 

I love you Grandma ❤️

Comments