Coronavirus

We had a trip planned to Disneyland with some of  the Sullivan's to celebrate Sarah leaving on her mission.  I even bought this cute Disney luggage.  That is when the Coronavirus pandemic hit.  It began in China and now has spread worldwide.  The NBA is shutdown, church has been canceled, general conference will only be broadcast, temples are closed other than by appointment for personal work, Disneyland has been closed, schools have been closed, and there can be no gatherings of more than 100 people. Cities are trying to stop the spread and are on lock down.  This virus attacks the Old and the young primarily or those with underlying health issues.  It attacks the lungs and kidneys, and with how fast things are spreading hospitals do not have enough ventilators to help their patients because the hospitals are being overrun.  The store shelves are bare, and you cannot buy toilet paper anywhere. The world is in fear.  I feel like this may be a tender mercy, the Lord reminding us to to turn to him and be prepared.  This will be a good opportunity for us to do an inventory of how prepared we are. Both physically and spiritually.  We will be holding our church at home until further notice.  The church is hoping to get the sacrament to all its members at least monthly until we can get permission to do it in our own homes.  I am excited for this time with my family, and can't wait for general conference in a few weeks. 

Sidenote...on one of my flights home from Texas when I visited Jace, I sat next to an older woman from Seattle Washington (The place where the coronavirus has hit really hard in the U.S.).  2 days after I got back I started having really bad back pain near my kidneys in my back.  It was so bad that I was in tears and had to sleep sitting up for a week, and went twice to the instacare.  They tested me for influenza and shingles which I tested negative for.  The pain finally left my back after 2 weeks and spread to my neck and then I got a sinus and chest infection.  It went on for a month.  Garrett, Lesly and a few of my kids also complained about  back aches.  I wonder if I have had coronavirus this entire time.  Maybe we have already weathered the storm...there us power in positive thinking!


Comments