Easter & the Samples



"Kimball is still in Pinehurst serving with her trainer Sis. Smith.  She is learning the importance of communication with her companion.  She has also been very low energy, and we are getting some vitamin supplements sent to her.  We have a history of low blood sugar and anemia in our family.  We both feel good that it will help.  Kimball was able to sing a beautiful arrangement of "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" at a fireside the missionaries put on.  They also sang at Zone conference and transfers.  She sent me these cute pictures of her Easter on a Facebook post from her dinner with the Samples family.  Her and her companion Sis. Smith found a family of 8 they are teaching right now.  The "Day" Family.  They knocked on the door, and she invited them right in. They have had another discussion since then, and are hoping to set their baptism for 4 weeks from now before June 4th when sister Smith is transferred." -Mom



Kimball's Letter this week...
Hello Family! 

This Easter in the mission was incredible! Along with the New Testament study Sister Smith and I decided to only listen to "Son of Man" Kenneth Cope album as well as "Lamb of God" Rob Gardner album in preparation for Easter Sunday. Listening to that sacred music following the life of the Savior and then tying it to the scriptural record was a beautiful experience. I must say Preparation really does bring Revelation. (sidenote: anyone know if vol. 2 of Son of Man has come out? I am dying in anticipation! someone email Kenneth! It's on my kimmiedarling email!)

President and Sister Holland challenged us to do that intense Book of Mormon study of the Savior as well as take two hours this Sunday to reflect, ponder, and commit. In his exact words:

 to encourage a special, personal Easter experience for each of you, I would like every companionship to schedule a dedicated two hour block this Easter Sunday, sometime after Church services, to prayerfully reflect on what you have learned about the Savior over the course of this Book of Mormon reading experience. While you are free to make this statement as long as you want, I would suggest that the focus here should be on quality rather than quantity. So, I would encouraged you to aim for something between 250 and 300 words. (That is not many words, but remember, Abraham Lincoln changed a nation with an address at Gettysburg that was roughly 270 words.) Pour your heart and soul into this. Make it a statement that you might regard like your Patriarchal Blessing, something you keep in a special place to occasionally read and remind you who He was and why you can trust in Him but also what you should strive to become yourself. While you are writing and studying, you and your companion should be near each other, as per the rules of the Handbook and Safeguards on technology. But, when you are both finished writing, I am inviting you this once to go to separate, nearby rooms and go the Lord in private prayer to make an Easter-inspired commitment of what you will do to become more Christ-like for the rest of your life, and what you will do to rise up in your missionary commitments to be the best representative of the Savior you can possibly be for the rest of your time here in North Carolina. (If that prayer time takes you a little beyond the two hour time frame, so be it.) I would also like you to bring a printed copy of your statement to zone conference in May and be prepared to share part or all of it in a special Easter related meeting we will have. 

This deepened study of our Savior has really shown me how personal His great sacrifice is. I would love to share just a portion of my 2 hour experience yesterday:
Christ, Jesus. Who is He to me? He is well acquainted with my sorrow and grief. He yearns to hold me in His arms so ready to receive and clasp His heart to mine. He seeks to fill any emptiness in me. He desires to work miracles in and through me. He has entered that Refiner's Fire with me again and again and will continue to do so. He stands and waits for me to stand with Him in that choice mansion He has prepared.  He is my Savior and my Song. I know He lives and I will love Him all my days long. 

Key Indicators from Preach my gospel (Chapter 8 "How Do I Use Time Wisely). : One gal named Vanessa came to both hours of church this week. We are excited to get in contact with her this week. We began teaching a sweet woman named Amanda, who is married with 6 kids. She is absolutely one of those elect ready for the gospel. Her daughter has been listening in to the lessons, began saying her prayers every night, and teaching her siblings how to do the same. Oh, what joy it brings my heart to see the great change that faith in Jesus Christ brings to the lives of others.

I love you all so much!

Love, Kimballina, KimballBean, Tummle


Biking in the Rain
A walk around a reservoir. P-day activity with Sister Emily Farnsworth & Sister Megumi Wiley


Cookout. The place of shakes in North Carolina.
Easter Breakfast/Lunch, Yum!
Sister Samples folded our napkins into bunny ears for Easter Sunday Dinner. It was such a joy and relief to be in their home on Easter. They even gave us Easter baskets. Those two have a special place in my heart. (in case I don't mention it later. We developed a sweet relationship with Brother Chris Samples Mother. She and her son invited us to come sing to her as she was dying. I know no greater feeling of closeness to Heaven than when I have been by the side of someone who is giving birth or someone who is about to leave this life. I am thankful for those opportunities to see the miracle of birth and the miracle of death.)
Easter Sunday picture on our apartment balcony.

Comments