Scrollicious, Tangled Knots of Joy, My FIRST Hamburger, & Christ Book of Mormon Study

The mission is seriously a roller coaster. It feels like it is constantly changing. One second I feel like I'm on track to becoming the missionary the Lord wants me to be and the next I feel so far to ever becoming that missionary or person in general and don't feel like I ever will be. Which I know is bad news bears indeed! I'm trying to find the transition from being self-critical to righteously seeking self-improvement.

Nights are hard to find ways to share the gospel.  It is very dark, and we are not allowed to be out after dark. We can go "grocery store tracting", which basically means we pretend to shop and talk to people we run into, but this week we saw this awesome Indian ice cream shop (Scrollicious)and had the feeling to go inside. We of course got some ice cream. While we were eating there was a woman sitting with her two kids. I saw them and had a complete scenario run through my mind of what I would say, and what she would say in response.  Well, she got up to leave, and I thought " Oh no, I am not ready." Sis Smith said "now is the opportunity."  We got up and followed them out, and the little girl opened the door for us and I said something of this effect to the woman. "I left my home for a year and a half to share my love for Jesus Christ, and particularly how families can be together for eternity."  She responded and said exactly what I had envisioned her saying.  " I love that, my husband and I are actually looking for a new church, we quit going to ours 2 weeks ago."  We chatted and got her number and are hoping to get her and her family to church.  Amazing how the Lord works!

President Holland has asked us to do a pretty intense study of Christ in The Book of Mormon. It truly is a wonderful invitation and I've been trying to get as much as I can out of it. To deepen my study I've begun writing what I learned about Christ and how I can apply it to my life in my journal each day. I wanted to share one of them with you (attached). :) 

I also attached Pictures of A scarf and Beanie a woman we are teaching gave us (her name is Joy) and the crazy blossoms.  There is pollen flying everywhere!

And BTW...I finally ate a HAMBURGER! It was at Brother and Sister Coffin's house (Shannon Coffin). We biked over to their house for a member meal and I could smell Brother Coffin barbequing some burgers. I ate the whole thing. It was really good.









   





Comments