The Babysitting Dilema

Since I am trying to make this my journal I will be completely honest in this post...

I struggle lately with having a good attitude when asked to babysit other children.  Maybe I am just venting from the frequency of the asking lately (4 out of 7 seven days this week), but I was made keenly aware of this after watching the General Women's Broadcast this week.  It was all about service and more importantly serving with a cheerful heart.  The church even challenged us to view their new website "I Was A Stranger"  and find ways to serve.  I find it easy to bring dinners, serve the sick, donate to needed charities, or families, volunteering at the church and school, I would bring refugees in to my home, but I find myself complaining to myself when asked to babysit. I feel sometimes that parents could be inconvenienced to take their children with them, but instead inconvenience me.   Why does it feel like an inconvenience to serve?  No, my day may not go as planned, my house will be uncleaned instead of cleaned, and I will be exhausted after being the day long referee, or maybe I just envy the fact that they get a break from children, but I will always say "YES" so why not do it with a cheerful heart! 

For those reading, yes I love your children and love to help you out, I am just still working on being charitable in every circumstance.  So please continue to ask me to serve and maybe some day before I am so old that no one would trust me with their kids, I will have learned this lesson! :)

Comments

I LOVE that you are so honest! It is one of the many things I love about you! You are the most charitable people I know so don't be so hard on yourself! You are amazing! Love you!