Day in the E.R.


Grace has been suffering from stomach issues for a month now.  When she called me yesterday from school she was completely white and couldn't even walk because her stomach hurt so bad.  I decided to go ahead and just get her in to make sure everything was okay and she wasn't having an appendicitis.  5 hours later, one x-ray, a bad experience trying to get an I.V., lots of blood tests and a urine test later, we were told her colon was completely backed up.  Sounds like she may have her daddy's same stomach issues.  We got some Miralax in her and are now making sure she is eating all her fruits and veggies regularly.  I have also had the feeling that maybe she is suffering from lactose intolerance.  I have had her off dairy for 2 days now and she seems to be doing fine.

 The second phlebotomist was so good getting her I.V. in, and even got her a teddy bear. Grace was already traumatized from the first one who tried twice, burst a vein and fished around forever leaving her arm black and blue. 

Comments

Oliver Family said…
What!? You didn't tell me this happened-call me more.