Locked out

I am finally posting this a month later...

I spent 40 minutes frantically trying to get in my house today after my two year old Taylor locked me out. I was carrying groceries in and was coming back in with another load to find the door locked with Taylor inside.  Just last week I had taken the spare key inside until I found another safer spot to hide it. My purse containing my cell phone I had deposited on the counter with the groceries. I tried to explain to her how to unlock the door but she just couldn't get it.  A police officer randomly showed up at just that moment, and I though to myself "Someone has already called child protective services?" He was just delivering some papers to one of Garrett's employee's. I explained the situation and asked to use his cell phone to call my husband...no answer, I left a message and then handed him back his phone, and...he drove off!!! I was kind of stunned.  Aren't police officers supposed to help with situations like this? Well I ran across the street to the neighbors and called Garrett again...no answer.  I ran back to talk to Taylor through the door so she wouldn't get nervous. I finally checked the windows on the house.  Thankfully the two story dining room window was unlocked and relatively easy to break in to as long as you didn't look down.  Taylor was fine, I was shaken up, and Garrett finally called me about an hour later.

Comments

Just Classic! That is all that I can think of to say!