Growing Up

I will try to hide this post somewhere in the middle so Kimball isn't too mortified, but who wants to forget this!
Kimball started her period last night. 4 weeks after her 12th birthday.  She is definitely becoming a young woman! 2 nights previous she woke up with a migraine in the middle of the night and threw up because it hurt so bad. Just like I used to do poor girl! Then yesterday she complained all day that her stomach hurt, and just laid on the tramp while we were fixing bikes to go on a bike ride for family night.  She opted to stay home with dad while I took a few of the other kids to the park to ride.  Garrett called me on our way home and said "are you almost home? Kimball is in the bathroom waiting for you, she just started her period."  I guess she got up from the trampoline and felt wet all over her pants.  She ran to the bathroom and was covered in blood.  She called for dad, who brought her a pad and explained to her how to use it, and that she would bleed heavy for the first few days and then it would slow down. What a good daddy! I am so thankful that they have a good enough relationship that she asked for help and he was able to give it! :) Kimball stayed home from school the next day to get used to this new fun stage of life.  The office was so cute when I called to excuse her and said" tell her welcome to the club, have her come by the office if she needs anything!" I also had to write a note for her to take the next day to school allowing her to use the bathroom if necessary because she only has 3 minutes between classes to get to the next class. Not enough time for a bathroom break. I began to worry when 10 days later she was still bleeding and was getting ready to take her to the doctor, but she finally stopped.  I can't believe I have a daughter this old!

Comments