Back Surgery

With a wedding in 2 days and girls camp 4 days later as a camp director, I was told I needed emergency back surgery. After an MRI it was confirmed that the nerve pain and loss of movement in my right leg was from a herniated disk in my L4-L5 vertebrae that was compressing my sciatic nerve. I explained that my son was getting married and they urged me not to wait at risk of the nerve dying, but I had to be at my son’s wedding and we took that risk. My family and friends came to my rescue and jumped in to help with everything. My sweet Kimball came and helped me map everything out and was there to be my calm. My sister Katie drove up early to help set up and be my support, my dad tried to make me stay sitting down and even wheeled me in a wheel chair, my sister in law Breckan could see when I was getting tired and a water bottle would magically appear in my hand every time I needed it, my dear friends were there helping to the bitter end along with my sweet in-laws and all my family. We made it through and pulled off a magical reception for Jaden and Erica.
The next day I handed off all the camp stuff to the other camp director and our amazing yw leaders and went in for surgery 3 days later on the day the girls left for camp. It was a sad day, not getting to be with them after helping them to prepare for so many months, but they were in very capable and loving hands, and Taylor and Hinckley said camp was awesome!




Comments