Back To School- With Masks

I wasn't sure wether or not the kids would be going back to school this year. Covid 19 restrictions are still in place, and masks are required. Those poor kids wearing masks all day. I worry about them and their health. I have prayed though and feel as though everything will be okay. This is Kody's Senior year, Grace is in 8th grade beginning middle school, Taylor is in 5th grade, and Hinckley is in 2nd. Hinckley (with mom's help from home over her phone) is managing her own diabetes this year. We have come a long way. Jaden is working full time for Garrett and saving for a mission, and Kimball is also working while Ben goes to school full time. I sure love all my kiddos!

UPDATE:
Hinckley forgot to bring her water bottle to school one day the 3rd week of school.  She called almost in tears and asked me to bring it in.  All of the drinking fountains have been turned off because of the pandemic, and unless you bring a water bottle you are without water the entire day.  It is 105 degrees right now in St. George, and the kids are required to wear their masks even outside if they are playing with friends.  I walked into the school and seeing everyone in masks, kids crying in the office, looking into Taylor's classroom and seeing her come in from lunch, face red and struggling to breathe in her mask I made the decision that something had to be done.  I needed to protect my kids.  They had been coming home from school almost every day with a headache, and I just felt it was not right.  I went that day to the principle and the district and my girls are now coming home at lunch time, and I will be homeschooling the second half of the day.  I feel so much better about this decision. 

Comments