Conference Weekend

Katie, Steve and their kids came and stayed with us for conference weekend.  She brought lots of fun things for the kids to do.
 When you matched a picture of the apostle speaking with a bag, you could open it up and their were, games, treats and activities inside.
 When you heard a speaker say one of these words you could get a candy out of the bowl.
My kids love having their cousins here!
 This was the weekend I was supposed to be running the marathon, but my plantar tendon was still hurt and I could not run this year.  I was very sad Friday morning as I went to the expo, and wanted so bad to be a part of all the excitement.  It was no fun picking up my number and shirt knowing I was not running.  Then I remembered babysitting cousins while their mom went to a meeting. babysitting a friends kids while she went to a doctors appointment.  Bringing a friend lunch at the park for a quick pick me up, bringing dinner to Kimball's dance team,  surprising a sister in my ward with much needed baby supplies, and realized I probably would not have had the time or energy to reach out and serve any of these sisters if I would have been running.  I felt like I was where I was supposed to be.  I did go Saturday between conference session and run in the last few miles with my running partners and cheered them on! :)  It was a great weekend!






Comments

Oliver Family said…
Way to find the good Amber. You are so awesome!