What is that smell?!

A weird stench has been lingering in our house the last few days. I thought at first it was the meat I had emptied from the freezer (see my previous post), maybe I hadn't saved it all. I had completely cleaned the house the day before, and I hate it when I can't put a finger on some weird smell. So today I emptied all of the garbage cans in the house. It still got progressively worse throughout the day.  I thought maybe an animal had crawled in the vent and died. My mother in law came over and said it could be natural gas.  They put an additive in so it smells in case of a leak.  So I called Questar Gas, evacuated the house and waited for Garrett and the Gas guy to get here.  No Gas, but as we were checking the storage room something caught Garrett's eye.  Raw chicken he remembered taking out of the freezer and setting on a storage bucket to make room for the 1/8 of a cow we bought a week ago.  The Gas guy just laughed, while I disinfected the house!!  That cow has sure caused a lot of trouble!

Comments

Oliver Family said…
I hate leaving meat out-not only because it smells but becuase that's a lot of money ruined. It make me sick in more way than one :)
I would have paid money to see the look on Garretts face when he realized what he had done! I am so glad it wasn't a real chicken that had died in your vent though!
Christina said…
I am so sorry. Meat/Freezer adventures are always not fun. Then again I am not a huge meat fan. I just caught up on your blog. You guys have has some fun. :)
Amanda said…
That is hilarious and the worst at the same time when you can't pinpoint a certain smell! Glad the gas guy got a good laugh too. :)

Your Disneyland trip looks so fun, what a great time of year to go!

Love the prophet displays you made too....neat for your kids to have them in their rooms, I love how you've named your kids after prophets.