Days of summer past

The summer is moving too quickly and I can't keep up, so here is a quick catch up of all of the things we have been up to for the last few weeks.


Lagoon
The kids had a blast spending time with their cousins. Mom(me), grandma and Grace left after dinner, but Garrett and the three older kids and Krista and her kids went to lagoona beach and then stayed until closing time riding all the big rides.
Again, we couldn't have done it without grandma!
Sorry mom, I had to put this one in to show what a fun grandma my kids have!

Thank goodness for Aunt Krista, who braved all the big rides with the kids.


Summer Games
Garrett Participated for his third year now in the summer games playing basketball. He sponsored 2 teams and played in both. The 30 and older division came away with the bronze, and the 18 and older non collegiate won the silver after a much debated ending. They were down by only one point, and our player went up for a lay up and was fouled as the buzzer went off, but one ref. called the foul on us instead of them and so we were not allowed our free throws. The other refs even came and apologized after the game for the bad call. As you can see, the guys aren't too happy. My boys loved being able to sit with their daddy though and had a great time! And thank you mom for watching the kids, I couldn't have done it without you!


The kids enjoyed the rec. center during the down time between daddy's games.



Swimming lessons

We chose the coldest week in St. George history to do swimming lessons. The kids froze to death. The teachers even got the kids out of the water early a few days because they were turning purple. They all did great, although Kimball is still working on her flip turns. She just can't seem to get it, but she never gives up. Grace was even great every day sitting in her stroller watching.

Mother son date.
Kody was so cute when I told him I wanted to go on a date with him. As we were sitting in the car, he looked over at me with a huge "Kody smile" (you know what I am talking about :)) and with a giggle said "I've never been on a date before." My heart just melted. We had a great time at dinner and he opened my doors for me and even put his napkin on his lap, he thought it was great (you can thank me later future daughter-in-laws). As we were leaving he asked if he could take a picture of our date. I am glad I had my camera, because I never want to forget the first of many "Kody dates" to come.

Comments

Oliver Family said…
Oh my gosh-that is SO cute! It might be the pregnancy hormones but I started tearing up when I read that. I hope my boys are that great and love me that much!
I can't believe that you are pregnant and have still acomplished that much. You sure do lots of fun stuff. What a great mom you are. I hope that if we hang out together long enough you will rub off on me. Love ya!
Breckan said…
I'm so glad you posted all those pictures. They're so cute and timeless!