Almost Two and Toothless


Grace was playing in Kimball's room, when suddenly she began crying and Kimball ran in saying "Grace is bleeding." We stopped the bleeding and realized her top front tooth was missing. She had tripped and hit the corner of Kimballs trundle bed perfectly. We thought she had knocked it out and swallowed it because we couldn't find the tooth anywhere. We called the dentist and although it was after hours they still happened to be in the office and heard my message. They called me right back and told me to come in because thier might be nerve damage. He took an X-ray, and the tooth was still there, but had been jammed clear up into the gum. He said it looked like it hadn't hit the permanent tooth, and that in 8-10 weeks it should start to come back down. I had family pictures just in time! She has been so brave and we will have to watch her and make sure it doesn't get infected and need to be pulled. It could take a long time to be fully back in place, so until then we have a hill-billy baby, but she is still adorable even with a toothless grin!

Comments

Poor baby! She still looks cute though. I'm glad that your pictures are done! Just in the knick of time!
Breckan said…
Eek! I just cringe thinking about it! I got some real cute pictures of her, though, last week at least! ...poor baby :(
Christina said…
That had to be painful! She is still cute with her toothless smile! I enjoyed reading your summer posts! You guys have had a fun summer!
Anonymous said…
Umm... ouch! I've never heard of that happening before. Poor little Miss. Your family pictures are so CUTE! Cecilie said that Jaden was a "natural" in front of the camera. Don't know where they get it!
Amanda said…
Poor Gracie, I about had a heart attack when I first read about her fall on facebook! I'm glad she's ok and that the tooth should re-erupt on its own!

She's still a cutie!!! Not a hill-billy at all. You did get family pic's done just in time though! ;)

Let us know if you need anything!
Christin said…
That is a riot. Lizzie chipped her front tooth a while back and it's sort of comical to look at.

By the way, what's this about pregnancy hormones? Are you pregnant?

Christin