Graduation Trip- Cleveland

Jaden and Kody got tickets to a boxing fight in Cleveland, Ohio. I helped plan and pitch in as a grad gift to them both. Jaden never got a trip because of covid. I was so nervous letting them go on their own, but they are adults now and I guess5 letting them go is something I need to get used to. Jaden said he had checked and the hotel would let them check in as long as they were over 18. While they were on the flight I had a feeling I needed to call the hotel. They told me they had to be 21 to check in. I asked to speak to the the manager and told her my boys 19 and 18 were traveling over 2000 miles from home and all the other hotels were now booked and my boys couldn't just wander the streets of Cincinnati and needed to be allowed to check in. I pulled the worried and upset mother card and promised they were good, respectful boys. She assured me they would take good care of them. When they went to check in the front desk clerk hasn't gotten the memo and wasn't going to check them in, but the manager overheard and came out and told him their mother had called and they were fine. They looked after them the entire trip. My boys were very grateful.  They went to a big amusement park, the beach, the fight and enjoyed eating out and being together. Kody said it was one of the best experiences he has had. And seeing the poverty and street life was eye opening as well. It's going to be hard to let these two go, I love them so much!

Comments