New Years Resolutions

2020 was quite the year. Our family suffered through Covid-19 along with the rest of the world with our own family getting it.  We have seen political upheavals and destruction, and the closing of churches and temples.  We also fought our own personal battles with a foot surgery, spinal infection, and a hemorrhoidoscapy. This combined with the every day struggles of being part of a large family and doing our best to keep our children on the straight and narrow.  But we have also seen signs in heaven, been apart of a solemn assembly, worldwide fasting, week of gratitude and above all had the spirit increase in our home, as we have been able to have the sacrament in our home and spend more quality time together. We have hope that this new year will bring less isolation and fear, but know that we are preparing for the 2nd coming of our Savior and will have to endure more. My focus this year is to draw my family nearer to God. To help strengthen their testimonies and desire to hear him. I will begin with myself. To be more perfect in my fasting and prayers, to remove pride from my heart, to focus on the scriptures, and to focus on the spiritual. To love my children and focus on the flowers not the weeds. 

Comments