Girls Birthday Trip to Texas to meet Baby Stella

Jace and Trella had a baby in December, so Katie and I thought Texas would be the perfect place for our girls birthday trip.  It was frustrating getting there, because they kept delaying my flight out of St. George.  At one point I would arrive in Salt Lake 2 minutes after the flight to Texas I was supposed to board with Katie left. They moved it up again, and I landed in Salt lake with 20 minutes to spare. of course there was construction at the airport and was had to be shuttled from the plane to the terminal.  I missed the 1st shuttle by 1 person and had to wait for the second, and then once I hit the terminal I ran from one side of the airport to the other.  Katie was there waiting, and I made it just as they were finishing boarding.  We flew into San Antonio and rented a car to make the 1.5 hour drive to Victoria.  We had so much fun talking and almost died of laughter when we passed what smelled like skunk roadkill being barbecued in sulfur.  We couldn't breath for a few miles. We arrived at Jace and Trella's house close to 10:00 pm and Ever was so happy to see us.  And Stella was just darling!! we spent all weekend just holding her and playing games.  We even got to help Ever make her valentine box for school. Jace unfortunately was in a lot of pain and in need of back surgery, which he had a few weeks after left. Every trip is fun with my sister!!














Comments