185th Annual General Conference

It was so wonderful spending the weekend with my family.  There were so many remarkable talks that I needed to hear, and I now have a renewed commitment to center my life around Christ.  I am still in the process of learning what that means, but I know to have my testimony be what it needs to be to make it through these trying times on the Earth, I will need my life to be centered around Christ and have a firm knowledge and testimony of the doctrine of this gospel.



 We recently lost Boyd K. Packer, L. tom Perry, and Richard G. Scott.  I loved these men particularly Richard G. Scott and will miss them greatly. I feel it won't be long until we lose our dear prophet Thomas S. Monson as well.  Halfway through his talk this conference he began to lean heavily on the pulpit, and had trouble standing and staying focused.  I can't imagine the great stress he must be under losing three of his greatest friends, and calling three new apostles as he was preparing for conference and directing this church.  I prayed, as I am sure many saints throughout the world were, as he spoke that he would be able to finish his talk.  I wanted so bad to be there and hold him up.  David A. Bednar gave a wonderful talk about these older men who lead our church and how it is when our bodies can't do as much that we focus more on what is really important.  We need the strength and experience of these seasoned brethren to keep our church focused on the great mission our Savior has for this Church and it's members.  I am so thankful for revelation, and felt the spirit so strongly as our three new apostles Ronald A. Rasband, Gary E. Stevenson, and Dale G. Renlund spoke during conference. The spirit confirmed to me that they are his chosen apostles.

One of my particularly favorite talks was given by Russell M. Nelson.   This 91 year old man spoke with so much power and authority and I will not be surprised if he is the next president of our church.  He said...
  “We need women who have a bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Christ and who will use that understanding to teach and help raise a sin-resistant generation. We need women who can detect deception in all of its forms. We need women who know how to access the power that God makes available to covenant keepers and who express their beliefs with confidence and charity.”

I am so grateful to be a member of this church!

Comments