Sister Smith

Hey y'all! 

1st week in the field of ACTUAL NORTH CAROLINA complete!!! 

My companion is ginger, 6 foot, a ballerina, a brilliant missionary, and a hoot of a time! She has had some hard companions throughout the mission for various reasons. On our hour drive home the first day I was telling about some silly story and some of my ideas for the mission. After a few minutes she turned to me and said, "You are exactly what I need right now". 

It is totally vica versa as well! In her words she needed to retrain her brain to be positive after her past companions and experiences. And I thrive when I feel needed. She is all about being exactly obedient to the rules of a missionary life and teaches by example. What a Christlike woman! The night before leaving the missionary training center I prayed that I would be able to know how to have a successful companionship and be obedient even if my companion wasn't obedient. I know from experience that following the Lord's commandments and personal guidance brings a feeling of confidence, hope, and strength. My companion wants to live that same way, hallelujah!

It's sometime's rough to tell about everything with the new video chatting option so the Spirit (and my Madre) recommended sending an email as well. :)

We are currently stationed in a beautiful village of luscious trees, gorgeous southern homes, and brick pathways. Runs in the morning are such a joy, my throat doesn't die from dry air! I keep saying to my companion,  "I feel like we are in a FOREST.......with HOUSES in it!" You'd think I'm from a desert or something. 

The work of finding new people to teach about the gospel has been slow for the past year in this area, and it's still the same. We are diving into teaching the members of the church how to be missionaries in easy and genuine ways. 

President Nelson and the rest of the brethren are asking full-time missionaries to begin having missionary counsels with member families. The goal is to help each member discover ways that they already are and can continue sharing the gospel.

I have no idea what just happened to the font! 

I love you all so much!


Love, Sister Kimball Wastlund :):)












Comments