No shoes, but a full heart!

This Sunday was fast and testimony meeting.  A young man in our ward got up for his first time ever to bear his testimony, and I was very moved by his simple, heartfelt words.  My 11 year old Jaden must have been too, because I looked over and he was walking up to the stand...with no shoes on!  He had slipped them off earlier in the meeting. I was so embarrassed and tried to get his attention to come back and put on his shoes, to no avail.  I sat there wondering what people would say, and noticed the bishopric look at his feet and then look at each other as he took the podium. As he began to speak the spirit taught me a lesson, and I felt so ashamed!  My son had been moved by the spirit to jump out of his seat and bear his testimony with no thought of anything else. Who cares what anyone else thought! His Father in Heaven was very proud and so was I!  As he finished and sat down, I put my arm around him and gave him a hug...and didn't say one word about the shoes!

Comments

Oliver Family said…
I've learned as a mom you have to pick your battles. Jaden's so awesome!
Breckan said…
Such a sweet story.
Don't we learn so much from our kids?! What a great story!