Emotional Breakdown

We came home from our family vacation a few days ago to a flooded basement.  The outlet that the water softener and our downstairs freezer was plugged in to shorted out, causing the water softener to keep filling and never distribute water.  I also lost about $200 in groceries from the freezer. The dishwasher was also not working.  We pulled out the carpet, and had it re-installed (thankfully it only effected the storage room and hall), called a repairman for the dishwasher (the control panel is broken), had an electrician replace the outlet, and fixed the water softener. My mom also informed me today that she has a brain tumor. I was handling things well until Taylor decided to stick something up her nose just as my visiting teachers came to the door.  One of them ran home for a bulb syringe and all three of us held Taylor down while I sucked it out (a tic tac). Then I just sat there and bawled in front of my visiting teachers (who ended up bringing us dinner) and the dishwasher repairman (who I hope has a wife). I would like to blame it all on pregnancy, but I think I am just overdone.  I am so thankful for the tender mercies that come in to my life at just the right times, and hope I will someday look back on all this and laugh...just not today!

Comments

When it rains it pours right? One thing at a time! I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that. Things will get better, if they haven't already! Love ya!
Just to remind you what an amazing woman you are! Anyone of these things would have done me in and you are pregnant too! I think that you deserve one emotional breakdown a week! So just take it easy! Love you!
Rebecca said…
Life is just unbearable at times! luckily we know that the Lord is there to lean on and that times will get better. Love you and I will keep you in my prayers!
Oh...I was excited to get on your blog and see how your little vacation was...and now I just might have an emotional breakdown with you! I am so so sorry. How frustrating! But you always handle things so amazingly! It will make for a great story...someday! :) I am truly sorry about your mom...she will be in my thoughts and prayers for sure! Keep us updated.