Young Women Wedding Night

 The Mia Maids leaders hosted a temple wedding night.  We borrowed dresses from members of the ward, decorated like a reception complete with cake (thanks to Jennifer Stewart), and the girls were able to model different wedding gowns.  It was a hectic but very fun evening.  I just had to show some pictures after all of the hard work we put in. 
 our beautiful cake.  It really did match perfectly!

 We decorated the tables with wedding pictures and these cute hankie handouts.
 The girls also received a packet to fill our with ideals for themselves and their future husbands.  We gave them a picture of themselves in their wedding dress at the end of th night to put in their packets.
 This is Sarah Wall she wore my old wedding gown. After all these years, I still love my dress! :)
Other than some chaos in the dressing room (we had a few items leftover with no owner at the end) and a very overworked, though amazing mother volunteer. It was a great success!

Comments

It looks amazing! YOU are amazing! Those girls are so lucky to have you as a leader!
This looks like so much fun! And I remember your beautiful dress! Way to go! :)
Amanda said…
WOW!!! You ladies went to a lot of work; I am sure the girls LOVED every minute of it! I am over the MiaMaids in our ward too; I will have to remember this activity! (I am actually teaching the "Temple Marriage" lesson this week; thanks for the idea! :) Creative and perfect, as always! You are great!

Love your dress too! :)
Oliver Family said…
So beautiful Amber! You did an amazing job.
Breckan said…
Hooray for your new calling! You're going to be so fantastic.