Insightful talks

In Relief Society on Sunday they read they story of Henry B. Eyring's son being lost and him praying for help. I wondered if that would be my kids first response also. So a few days ago at breakfast I asked Jaden and Kody what they would do if they were ever lost. The conversation went something like this:

I related the story to them and then asked...

Mom: What would you do if you ever got lost and couldn't find your way back home?
Kody: Pray.
Jaden: Pray and stay right where I was.
Mom: That's good to stay right where you so we can find you easier. But what if the spirit tells you that you need to move somewhere else?
Jaden and Kody: We would go.
Kody: But what if he say's to go left or right and we don't know which way is left and right?
Mom:The spirit knows how old you are and he will give you directions that you will understand.
Kody: Maybe he will say " Kody, go left. No!...your other left!"

I was laughing hysterically at this point.

I love my boys!

Comments

Breckan said…
I was laughing, too! :)

Can't wait to see you guys!
What cute kids you have! They must get it from their fabulous mom! I love the new pictures!
Christina said…
I love it! Classic!!
I miss you and your family. The summer is almost over and we have not got together, craziness! I am so sad!
Amanda said…
That is so cute! Love it!
Amanda said…
PS...Love your template, that family pic if beautiful!
So funny! What a great teaching moment Amber!
Oliver Family said…
HAHAHA that's awesome!