My Marathon Journey

I have to throw this post in because this has now become my journal and I realized I never recorded this event that I worked so hard for, and I never want to forget this accomplishment. Up to now it has only been on the side of the blog and never publishes in my records. So just Skip this post and let me reminisce. :)

Exactly One year ago today I ran in and finished the Ogden marathon (26.2 miles)!

I began running in May 2008 with my wonderful running partner SuLynn and it has become such a part of my life now that I thought it only appropriate that I should record my progress.
-June 1st2008: I ran 2 miles and thought I was going to die!
-July 15th 2008: I ran my first 5K (3.1 miles in 33 minutes)
-July 24th 2008: I ran the Enterprise 10K (6.2 miles in 1 hour)
-August: I ran 6 miles every Friday along with interval training
-September: I started running 7-8 miles every Friday
-October: I ran farther every Friday 9, 10 and then 11 miles!
-November: my running partner got sick and then went to Disneyland. We only got in a our normal 3-4 mile runs and a few long runs.
-December-:Trained for the Saint George half marathon and ran 12 miles.
-January 17th 2009: I ran the Saint George half Marathon! (2 hrs. 35 mins.)
-January 27th: I registered for the Ogden Marathon on May 16th. Here we go, ready or not!
-February: Marathon training began. We now run four days a week and our long run will be 12 miles by the end of the month.
- March: Still training. We are at mile 17.
-April: 21 miles, yahoo! Our last long run. Marathon here I
come!
-May 16th 2009: I ran in and finished the Ogden Marathon. (5 hrs 53 min.) Yeah I did it!
I love the feeling of accomplishment at the end of every run!!!

Comments