A Snail of a Tale

A turtle is crossing the road when he's mugged by two snails. When the police show up, they ask him what happened. The shaken turtle replies "I don't know. It all happened so fast."
As many of you know Kody has been obsessed lately with getting a lizard as a pet. I am not fond of the idea of paying for something that you have to feed bugs and pinkie mice. So, while on my run this morning I found a perfect solution to the problem... I almost stepped on about 10 snails! I ran by thinking "Kody would love to see this." After I got home and showered I told the boys I had a surprise. They got dressed (you can tell they are still sleepy), I grabbed a box, and we headed out the door. They had a ball choosing which snails to keep (I had to limit them to 6) and filling the box with rocks, dirt, flowers and grass. We even researched snails on the internet, and the best part is they eat plants and raw foods. I even bought them a mushroom when I did my grocery shopping this morning. Hopefully this will do the trick!

Grace feels the same way I do about them!
I guess it is true...Boys are made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails!!!I love my little boy's, and am so sad to think that they won't be that way for long.

Comments

Breckan said…
hehe. I didnt know you had a lizard problem! I don't know if snails are much better, though!

I made my pizza again the other night and it actually turned out like it was supposed to! I wished you guys could've been there so I could redeem myself!
Oliver Family said…
Haha. Steve and I were laughing pretty hard when we read this. I think I feel the same way as you and Grace (her face is hilarious)
What a nice mom you are! I don't like lizards or snails and I don't think that I could have taken my kids to get one. You are a great mom and your kids are lucky to have you!
Amanda said…
Great idea! I'm with Gracie when it comes to snails; I love her expression in that pic!!!

What a fun mom you are! I'm with you, kids grow so fast you have to take advantage and love each stage. (and try and cherish it)

I want some little boys too, even if it means dealing with these kind of pets.:)

Cute pic's!!!
Christin said…
From the look on Grace's face it seems that she's not too keen on snails.

Also, I'm going in to see a cardiologist on Thursday just to check my heart and make sure everything is okay. I have been having some issues with rapid heart beat and numbness in both hands. Just a precaution because of John's heart history. I'm planning to run the marathon and will be running tons of miles (as you know) and I don't want to leave Jerry raising 5 kids alone. You know, just minor stuff.

Christin